CEPSM is pleased to offer a brand-new workshop on survey research for public sector professionals, the first such workshop to be offered in Canada. It will be delivered by CEPSM Associate & Principal at KNeuman Survey Insights, Keith Neuman, one of Canada’s most accomplished survey research professionals with over 40 years of experience across the public, private and non-profit sectors.
This one-day training workshop is designed to introduce public sector organizations/staff to the basic principles and practical understanding required to conduct effective survey research, whether in-house or through commissioned work. Survey research can be used for a range of uses, including surveys of employees and stakeholders, program evaluation, surveys of the general public or targeted segments of it, market research, and as a key tool for social marketing (behaviour change).
What you will learn
- An introduction to survey research, including a brief history, the broad range of applications, and its unique strengths and value.
- How to decide when this type of research is right for you, including aligning with your organizational goals, determining feasibility, and whether to conduct in-house or contract out.
- What you need to know when conducting surveys, including defining the audience, designing the right questions, choosing how best to administer the survey, understanding results and how to report them.
- How to select the right research supplier and ensure you are getting what you are paying for.
- How concepts and principles work in practice, through case study examples drawn from participants’ own experience and through previous, current and potential projects.
What you will take away
- An essential understanding of how to approach, design and manage survey research projects within your organization.
- A practical toolbox of concepts, tips and resources covering all aspects of survey research, from initial scoping to selecting how to collect the data to final reporting.
Who this is for
Public sector professionals in marketing, communications, research and evaluation, public relations and human resources who currently or potentially have responsibility for this type of research.
This course is designed to be delivered online via Zoom over the course of one day. Once conditions permit the resumption of in-person learning, it can be delivered at our CEPSM training facility in Ottawa or at your workplace (travel costs outside the National Capital Region region are not included).