Introduction to Social Marketing Planning for Attitude and Behaviour Change
It is a well-researched fact that awareness alone does not lead people to change their attitudes or behaviours. If you want to move your communications or marketing efforts beyond public education/awareness and into the realm of action-oriented behaviour change, then this introductory social marketing workshop is designed for you.
The growing field of social marketing (not to be confused with social media marketing) seeks to develop and integrate marketing concepts with other approaches to influence behaviours that benefit individuals and communities for the greater social good.
In this workshop, we will take you through the A-Z of crucial social marketing concepts based on the latest research from academics working in this field and the real-life experience of social marketing practitioners. We will help you put together the main components of your own social marketing strategy, saving you countless hours of planning time for your behaviour change initiative.
This workshop has been designed for public sector and nonprofit professionals involved in developing communications, marketing and outreach strategies. It will be very relevant to those responsible for efforts focused on influencing attitudes and behaviours to improve health, prevent injuries, protect the environment, prepare citizens for emergencies, and a multitude of today’s critical issues. Recent case studies and examples will be provided (including lessons learned from COVID-19). This workshop will also interest those simply looking to level up their strategic marketing and communications planning skills based on an established research-driven field guided by international (iSMA) and regional (e.g. SMANA) associations.
- How to use a step-by-step structured approach to prepare a social marketing plan that is actionable, realistic, and leads to successful implementation;
- How to set up your goals and manage expectations based on research
- How to break down your desired behaviour change “product” into actual, augmented and core components
- How to influence social norms
- How to segment audiences based on established behaviour change models and frameworks
- How to identify competing behaviours
- How to monitor and evaluate your initiative based on knowledge, belief and behaviour objectives
- How a unified social marketing approach can help you mobilize communities; influence the media; activate key stakeholders, and build strategic alliances with key influencers.
- PDF copy of the CEPSM “Social Marketing (Behaviour Change) Planning” Workbook
- PDF copy of the “Introduction to Social Marketing Planning for Attitude and Behaviour Change” presentation slides
- PDF copy of workshop MindMap notes and/or MIRO board generated during collaborative exercises
- Official CEPSM Certificate of Completion (upon request)