Special Note Regarding COVID-19
This social marketing (behaviour change) workshop can be customized in length and delivered online or in-person (once public health guidelines allow for it) directly to your team. The ideal group size for maximum interactivity is under 15 people, however, special exceptions can be made. The most popular online format for the delivery of this workshop is two 3-hour sessions (with two 30 min breaks and 1hr for lunch) over the course of a single day.
Why Should You Book This Workshop?
It is a well-known fact that awareness alone does not lead people to change their attitudes or behaviours. If you want to move your communications or marketing efforts beyond public education/awareness and into the realm of action-oriented behaviour change then this introductory social marketing workshop is designed for you. Social Marketing seeks to develop and integrate marketing concepts with other approaches to influence behaviours that benefit individuals and communities for the greater social good.
This workshop will take you through the A-Z of key social marketing concepts based on the latest research from both academia and social marketing practitioners in the field. Our Social Marketing Workbook (included) will guide you through the process of creating your own customized social marketing action plan for your initiative. This workshop has been designed for public sector and non-profit professionals involved in developing communications, marketing and outreach strategies. It will be very relevant to those responsible for efforts focused on influencing attitudes and behaviours to improve health, prevent injuries, protect the environment, prepare citizens for emergencies, and a multitude of today’s critical issues. Recent case studies and examples will be provided (including lessons learned from COVID-19). This workshop will also be of interest to those who are simply looking to level up their skills in strategic marketing and communications planning based on an established research-driven field guided by both International and Regional Social Marketing Associations.
What Will You Learn?
This workshop will help you save countless hours of planning time and learn proven techniques for launching a successful initiative to change attitudes and behaviours. You will learn:
- How to use a step-by-step structured approach to prepare a social marketing plan that is actionable, realistic, and leads to successful implementation;
- How to set up your goals and manage expectations based on research
- How to break down your desired behaviour change “product” into actual, augmented and core components
- How to influence social norms
- How to segment audiences based on established behaviour change models and frameworks
- How to identify competing behaviours
- How to monitor and evaluate your initiative based on knowledge, belief and behaviour objectives
- How a unified social marketing approach can help you mobilize communities; influence the media; activate key stakeholders, and build strategic alliances with key influencers.
What will you take away?
- PDF copy of the CEPSM “Social Marketing (Behaviour Change) Planning” Workbook
- PDF copy of the “Introduction to Social Marketing Planning for Attitude and Behaviour Change” Presentation Slides
- Official CEPSM Certificate of Completion