We are pleased to offer a one-day online workshop on survey research for public sector and nonprofit professionals, the first such course offered in Canada. This one-day course introduces participants to the basic principles and practical understanding required to conduct effective survey research in-house or through commissioned work. Survey research has many use cases, including surveying employees and stakeholders, program evaluation, surveys of the general public (or targeted segments of it), market research, and as a key tool for social marketing and behaviour change. The course will be delivered by CEPSM Associate & Principal at KNeuman Survey Insights, Keith Neuman, one of Canada’s most accomplished survey research professionals with 40 years of experience across the public, private and non-profit sectors.
This course is designed for anyone that wants to build their knowledge in conducting effective survey research, with a particular focus on public sector and nonprofit professionals working in marketing, communications, research and evaluation, public relations or human resources. The course content will appeal equally to those with no prior background and those with some experience who want to sharpen their skills.
- An introduction to survey research, including a brief history, the broad range of applications, and its unique strengths and value.
- An essential understanding of how to approach, design and manage survey research projects within your organization.
- A practical toolbox of concepts, tips and resources covering the seven essential steps to conducting effective surveys – from initial scoping to selecting how to collect the data, to final reporting.
- How to decide when this type of research is right for you, including aligning with your organizational goals, determining feasibility, and whether to conduct in-house or contract out.
- How to select the right research supplier (if contracting out) and ensure you are getting what you are paying for.
- How the concepts and knowledge can be applied to your own survey project as a workshop case study.
- A PDF copy of the workshop slides and/or workbook
- An official CEPSM Workshop Certificate of Completion
- An electronic Uber Eats gift card that can be used to order lunch from your favourite local restaurant