The social media landscape is in the process of a significant transformation. Platforms that your organization currently relies on may soon operate very differently or simply no longer be able to meet your organization’s needs as users look elsewhere. It is more important than ever to have a solid, guiding social media strategy in place to help you make better platform decisions, reach the right audiences, adjust tactics as needed, measure performance, and potentially help justify additional resources with new skill sets. This workshop features two highly engaging days of up-to-date online training where you can level up your digital/social media literacy, work on your own social media strategy, and exchange best practices with others from the public and non-profit sectors.
Who is this workshop for?
Anyone working for a public sector or non-profit organization, that has been tasked with developing a social media strategy or enhancing their organization’s existing digital/social media engagement efforts.
What will you learn?
- The most recent statistics in the digital space at a global and national level
- The key digital trends that are taking place right now to which you need to adapt to
- How public sector organizations are evolving as a result of digital disruption
- Step-by-step instructions on how to develop a strategic social media engagement plan
- A process for formulating strategies and tactics based on your organizational strengths
- How to develop goals and objectives that are aligned with your strategic priorities
- How to monitor and analyze social data for better business intelligence gathering
- How to reach specific niche online target audiences
- How to identify influential online content creators in your industry (nano, micro and macro)
- How to create content that maximizes visibility based on the latest algorithm updates
- How to drastically build up your web presence/digital footprint for optimal findability
- How to find your online voice and build a consistent brand that resonates with your audience
- Strategies for dealing with misinformation, disinformation and mal-information
- How to effectively change organizational structures to better support digital
- How to better manage risks posed by the digital channel
- How to measure the performance of your specific digital engagement activities
- How to derive actionable insights from your metrics
What will you receive?
- A copy of the CEPSM “Strategic Social Media Engagement for Public Sector and Non-Profit Organizations” workbook
- A copy of the CEPSM “Strategic Social Media Engagement for Public Sector and Non-Profit Organizations” presentation slides
- A copy of any visual planning notes/mindmaps developed during the collaborative exercise portion of the workshop
- Official CEPSM Certificate of Completion
- An electronic Uber Eats gift card that can be used to order lunch from your favourite local restaurant